Patient Centered Medical Home
Community Health Northwest Florida is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
Community Health Northwest Florida is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, or PCMH. PCMH is a model of care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into “patient-friendly” medical care. Community Health Northwest Florida has gained multi-site certification as a Level 2 Patient-Centered Medical Home. This important recognition is for our main site as well as its primary care satellite clinic locations.
For a complete listing of all of our locations, providers, services offered and contact information, visit our Locations page .
What does being a Patient-Centered Medical Home mean to you as our patient?
It means that you are encouraged to become a more active participant in your healthcare.
It also means:
- Personalized, Coordinated Care
- Co-Management of your Care with the Speciality to Provide the Best Care for You
- Expanded Office Hours
- Access to Primary Care, Pediatric Care, Dental Care, and Behavioral Health Services
- Better Communication between you and your Care Team
- Electronic Access to your Health Record
How do I become a more active participant in my healthcare?
- Have a conversation with your practitioner concerning your health needs and concerns
- Ask about Advance Directives and why it is important
- Let your practitioner know if you received testing elsewhere so that we may add it to your medical record
What if I need after-hours assistance?
If questions arise or if you need medical attention after your provider’s regular business hours, our Walk-in Care offers extended hours throughout the week and is open on weekends. If you’re experiencing a more urgent crisis or medical emergency, please call 911 or visit the closest emergency room.
Your Healthcare Team
The Patient Centered Medical Home model uses an “evidence-based care” approach. This method ensures the quality and ease of your medical team’s coordination of care and treatment as well as follow up care, where decisions are made based on your individual healthcare needs.
As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, we are here to work with you as a team in your health care.
Think of it as a football team…We all work together to win the game.
The game is a healthier YOU! Our goal is to create and keep a long-term relationship with you, our patient!
For educational resources and self management care information, please visit these helpful websites:
- Heart Disease
- Pediatric Care
- Weight Loss
- Smoking/Tobacco Use
- Suicide Prevention
Download Our Quality Report Cards:
- May 2018 – Fluoride Varnish Report
- May 2018 All Clinical Measures
- June 2018 – Depression Screenings – Adult and Family
- June 2018 – Depression Screenings – Pediatrics
- July 2018 – Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Report 1
- July 2018 – Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Report 2
- August 2018 – Child Weight Screening Report 1
- August 2018 – Child Weight Screening Report 2
- August 2018 – Adult Weight Screening Report 1
- August 2018 – Adult Weight Screening Report 2
- September 2018 – Immunization Report 1
- September 2018 – Immunization Report 2
- October 2018 – Quality Report
- November 2018 – Quality Report
- January 2019 – Quality Report
- February 2019 – Quality Report