Putting Compassion into Practice.
In 1992, former Executive Director of Escambia Community Clinics, Don Turner, joined the organization when it was a small outpatient primary care clinic. Over the next two decades, Mr. Turner began his journey to transform our community. His goal: to expand and ensure access to primary care for the uninsured, underinsured, and medically needy residents of our area. Mr. Turner was a key voice and advocate for community health, and during his tenure guided the organization from a single care site to a network of nine locations. Additionally, he was instrumental in guiding the organization to achieve designation as a Federally Qualified Health Center by the Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration in 2007. Under his leadership, Mr. Turner remained unwavering in his dedication to fulfill our mission of providing compassionate care to the most vulnerable in our community.
Today, his vision of community health remains as the foundation for our mission.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit community health center, we are committed to providing quality, comprehensive healthcare services to the medically underserved people of the Pensacola Bay Area and surrounding regions of Escambia and Santa Rosa counties, Florida.
In 2017, energized and refocused on our mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all, we unveiled a new name and position to better capture our mission and emerged as Community Health Northwest Florida. Together, we’re envisioning a healthier way forward.
We’re Putting Healthcare Within Reach
Watch our video
Honoring One Man’s Vision
Mr. Turner left a legacy that we proudly honor every day.
Through our values of respect, quality, compassion and dignity, our team of healthcare professionals are putting compassion into practice.
Our values hold us together.
As a community of healthcare providers, we serve the community at large. These are the values that guide our commitment to patients.
Dignity & Respect
No matter the circumstance, we treat everyone with the utmost respect they deserve in a professional manner.
Our promise is to deliver uncompromising quality care and service to all our patients.
We are caregivers first, serving the needs of our patients in a welcoming and positive environment.
We empower people to be proactive in their care and envision their own picture of health.
Our responsibility to our community is what drives us forward.
We are committed each and every day to bring our vision of a healthy community to life.
Why Community Health Northwest Florida?
Community Health Northwest Florida is not like other community clinics.
- Federally Qualified Health Center by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration.
- Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Deemed Facility. For further information on our FTCA status, please contact our Administrative Offices at (850) 436-4630.
- Recognized as a multi-site Level II Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Community Health Northwest Florida is a Community Centered Health Home (CCHH).
- Community Centered Health Home Demonstration Project (LPHI).
- American Cancer Society Grant Recipient for Clinical Quality Measures.
- DentaQuest Foundation Technical Assistance Grant Recipient.
Community Health Leadership
Our leadership team dedicates themselves to the highest ethical standards of practice and management.
Jacinta D. Watkins, DDS, MSPH
Chief Dental Officer
Chief Community Engagement Officer
John Carnes, MCSA
Chief Information Officer
Sunny Notimoh, MSHRM, SPHR
Chief Employee Services Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
Wendy Hoeflich, CPA, CFE, CGMA, CAM
Chief Financial Officer
George Smith, M.D., FAAFP
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Community Health Board of Directors
We are governed by a passionate group of community members.
- John Porter, President
- Justin Labrato, Treasurer,
- Walter “Buzz” Ritchie, Secretary
- Freddie Cattouse, Member
- Brett Aldridge, Member
- Sean Seely, Member
- Joseph “Brunie” Emmanuel, Member
- Jules Kariher, Vice Chair
- Thomas Owens, Member
- Dorothy A. Foster, Member
- Augustine Rodriguez, Member
- Ann Osiname, Member
- Bob Wilson, Member
- Daisy White, Member